To make a simple paper airplane, you will need a single piece of paper and a flat surface to work on. Follow these steps:
- Start by folding the paper in half lengthwise, creasing the fold well. This will be the center line of your airplane.
- Next, fold the top corners of the paper down to the center line, forming two triangular flaps.
- Take one of the triangular flaps and fold it upwards again, so that the point of the triangle meets the top edge of the paper. Repeat this step with the other flap.
- You should now have a triangular shape at the top of your paper, with two smaller triangles at the bottom.
- Fold the top triangle down slightly, so that the point is just below the center line. This will be the nose of your airplane.
- Hold the airplane by the bottom corners of the triangular flaps, and give it a gentle toss. It should fly through the air.
You can try adjusting the shape and size of the flaps to see how it affects the flight of the airplane. Have fun!